First Timers Guide
Preparing for your first ride
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your first ride.
- Set up your account online before arriving at the studio because this will ensure you can take full advantage of the advanced metrics on our premier bikes.
- Dress comfortably in an athletic top and form-fitting pants or shorts. No need to worry about footwear as we provide complimentary cycling shoes.
- Have a light snack and drink plenty of water.
We think you’ll agree that the Peloton ride is a unique experience. Because we stream our live classes to Peloton bikes around the globe, you may appreciate knowing that there are cameras in the studio.
- Before you do anything, let the Peloton crew know you’re new.
- They’ll ask that you sign a short waiver and then you're ready to ride.
- You’ll be given your bike number and your complimentary shoes. You’ll find your complimentary water and towel on your bike.
- *Please note that if you are under 18, we will ask for parental consent before you start your ride.
Starting your ride
Our team is here to ensure your first ride feels just right. Our staff is available in the studio to get you set up on the bike, and they’ll be available in the room throughout the ride should you need help for any reason. Let the team know whether you’ll want to use one-, two-, or three-pound weights for the arms portion of the ride. Once there, log into your account and get ready for the most premier metrics experience you’ll find in any indoor cycling studio. Lastly and most importantly, leave your worries (and your phone) outside the studio!
After you ride, make a conscious effort to hydrate throughout the remainder of the day, and if you experience any unusual or persistent symptoms after the ride, we recommend consulting a medical professional. Lastly and finally, sign up for your next ride and bring a friend!
If you have further questions about your first ride, we are here to answer them. Shoot us a call at (646) 277-4497, and let us set your mind at ease!
You’ve already received your shoes and know where to find your water and towels, but there’s so much more to making your Peloton experience a comfortable one.
Peruse the coolest brands in fitness and athleisure apparel or grab a pair of socks in the Peloton boutique before your ride. Don’t leave without suiting up with one of our newest pieces of Peloton swag. Refresh, renew and primp with natural Malin + Goetz products in our beautiful locker rooms complete with showers, hair dryers, towels, and digital lockers. Enjoy cold brew coffee, smoothies and more as well as free wifi in our spacious and luxe lounge.